Breaking News

NIGHTFALL AT DAWN, A TOUCHING POEM BY GLADYS MBILLA



It was a sweet sonny son-day dawn,
When you and me together, laid on this lawn.
Looking into your thought, I found love,
As pure and innocent as the soul of a dove.
Smiling at each other, and talking to our souls,
Like new borns, from the heads of crowns to the feet of soles.

Just the other day, I was a stranger in your sight,
I tried many times to catch your glimps with all my might.
Being literally and unconditionally, to you,  nice,
Expecting the best outcome like when one throws a dice.
I wished to kiss your neck as and when we depart,
It felt as though, living together in worlds apart.
And then my dreams and hopes became a dream come true
When on that day your message came through.

Asking me out on a royale beloved date.
I realised it was but to mend together two souls of a common fate.
We broke the societal walls that stood between us
And we had overcome those unnecessary fears of ours.
And here we are today, but in our memory's eye sharing a common role,
As people together move forward in achieving a common goal.

You whisked away my joy when you slept and woke no more,
And it shattered my life and it tattered my dreams to the core.
And then it suddenly feels like sunset at dawn.
When I walk through our strolling path alone on this lawn.

What could have gone, so soon, wrong?
When we had the zeal to fight on
When everything we shared grew so strong?
And now, like a morning mimosa flower,
Opening up to receive Odomankuma's morning shower,
Fold back up again just at the nick of life,
Without looking at what moment, and of what time?
And THIS day,  comes, a nightfall at dawn.

Written by:

The phenomenal woman;

MBILLA GLADYS ALASID

allasid.mbilla@gmail.com

0556491371

No comments