Breaking News

STUDENTS' PARLIAMENT CELEBRATES DOMINIC OKYERE, FORMER MARSHALL IN THE 10TH PARLIAMENT.

I have no reason not to join friends and colleagues members of Parliament in celebrating a proud member. Though I have been celebrating others in my own capacity as an individual, today I want to celebrate a proud gentleman of the house in my capacity as the Speaker of Students' Parliament and invite the house to join this celebration. It should be a celebration of the house because of the personality involved. An individual who has paid his dues and continue to pay to the development of students' Parliament certainly deserves comradeship on this special day. I wish I could sing my heart out just to add up to the joy of Hon Dominic Okyere. Hon Dominic was the Marshall for the 10th Parliament of the Student Parliament of UEW-K Republic. He was very punctual, committed and knew his work. On several occasions, this "workaholic" would be the first to get to the house to put it into order anytime there was a sitting. The humility and respect for Hon members during sittings actually contributed to the high level of discipline in the house. I vividly do remember, a day that my emotions were touched, he came straight to me and asked me to keep calm for a while. Such a mark of maturity!! He was extending such maturity to almost all members and I do remember his "commanding" voice which sounded like that of a roaring lion heard far away " Mr. Speaker!!!!!" Indeed very good memories to reminisce. When he contested for and lost the position of director of finance, he never got discouraged at all. He went aheard and extended a hand of true generosity to the house by donating a printer to student Parliament. On several occasions he has been finding out about the progress of students' Parliament and is ready to help us in many forms. I believe very soon, we shall be recounting another good thing about him. If such characters are not to be honoured then who else? Hon Dominic Okyere, as you celebrate your day, let me on behalf of students' Parliament extend a heart of gratitude, appreciation for all your remarkable contributions to the house and to also extend our sincerest wishes and felicitation in this day of celebration. May God continue to grant you wisdom and prosperity as you continually work to change the cause of society. You are indeed a community leader and we wish to see you elevate in your contributions to mother Ghana. May you live long and continue to receive blessing. Happy birthday 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾 Denis Andaban

No comments