Breaking News

CELEBRATING A FINE GENTLEMAN OF COLTEK, HON M I FONGO



Hon M I Fongo as we affectionately call him for short, is a gentleman who has dully paid his dues to the internal politics and and leadership in the University of education, Winneba, Kumasi.

He is a corporate politician of all standards. I met him as the Judicial board secretary and the communication officer for TEIN. His display of apt communication skills, humility and intellectual sagacity attracted me. I took him up as a model and he accepted and initiated me into campus politics.
He served both position with firm beliefs of principality, truth and sincerity.

He also encouraged me not to fear political risks and added that I should never be angered by invectives and deliberate heckling, a point I rely on in any of my public discourse.

Though I started communication far too long and possible before him, his guidance added value and substance to mine.

Indeed, I was not amused at all when he was appointed as the Counsel Attorney in the previous administration of SRC, 2016/2017 academic year. By his motivation and inspiration, I was also appointed the judicial board secretary, a position I still hold and wish to hand over with pride.

In the house of parliament, Fongo was popularly referred to as "Naked" Fongo. A name that became a popular and acceptable name to him in our parliamentary parlance. That is one beauty of the house. One thing I realized about him was that, he would come to parliament either late or sometimes nakedly dressed but he would use his experience to capture the eye of the speaker. Fongo won't leave without throwing a controversy. He was among those who made parliament very attractive to we who were young ones at the time. Today, the inspiration gained from his likes have also catapulted us into leadership and we aspire to also leave a visible and enviable legacy for our juniors, by the grace of God. Amen.

Today, 23th September 2017 which marks the birthday of Hon Fongo, is celebrated by the house of parliament. Indeed, such a veteran must be celebrated in that manner. It is on that score, I join colleagues Hon members to extend my sincerest best wishes and felicitation to him.

Hon Fongo, as you celebrate your milestone, I pray that the GOOD LORD continue to guide you, give you wisdom as you commence your public life. You contributed so well to the development of COLTEK and I admonish that you never led the experience you gained go waste. You actually have a lot to contribute to the development of mother Ghana.

I wish you a very happy birth.
🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Denis Andaban

No comments