Breaking News

CELEBRATING A DYNAMIC AND INDUSTRIOUS STUDENT OF UEW-K

BEST WISHES TO DEJOY AMANKWAH OF UEW-K.

He is called DeJoy Amankwah but popularly called DeJoy and in fact, until today, I didn't know  his full name.

This young man came into the public domain of the University community with a particular unique style I'm yet to comprehend.

Well, that is the value of being dynamic and versatile. I got to know of the gentleman during the NUGS talents' show, a very rich platform, His Excellency, Eric Dumenu the then NUGS president organized. The program projected young talents to the outside world and DeJoy happened to be one of the lucky beneficiaries. That program was an illuminating platform for his likes who actually demonstrated their knowledge beyond paper and pen. I must confess that the reggae tunes of this gentleman at the event that day, made me absolutely amazed. I told myself " if I were to possess such a talent, I would not be here reading fact books"

I have since been monitoring the gentleman and he keeps surprising me. He came into campus political domain too all of a sudden. He constantly writes to contribute to public discourse. He joined Parliament as well. In Parliament, he learnt quickly and contested and won the position of the CLERK OF PARLIAMENT, one of the most respectable positions in  students' Parliament.

Working with him, I can feel the spirit in him to aspire for greater heights in student politics. He is the type that will ask me every question about issues on campus. May be, I should be thankful to God for having such a smart, creative and talented young man of his caliber as a mentee. For all you know, I am rather getting more inspirations from him than he probably gets from me.

It is on these fundamental premises, that I write to express my best wishes and felicitation to him on this important day as he celebrates his milestone. I humbly associate myself with this meritorious celebration because such men of substance must be celebrated whiles they are alive. After all, a nation that does not honour its heroes is not a nation worth dying for.

DeJoy, I pray that the Good  Lord will continue to bless you with good health and wisdom as you continue to explore many opportunities on campus. I can say without any modicum of doubt that you are a figure to watch in the coming days so far as campus politics is concerned.


I wish you a very happy birthday.
🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Denis Andaban

No comments